1/28/10

Three Onion Potato Casserole

Since we are approaching my annual Groundhog Day Brunch, I thought I would share my Three Onion Potato Casserole since I know it is such a crowd pleaser! I love to bring this to parties - dinner or breakfast because I know it will be polished off before I go home!

Ingredients

1 can cream of celery or cream of mushroom
3-4 green onions, chopped finely
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (optional)
2 cups sour cream (fat free is OK to substitute)
1/2 cup milk (nonfat)
2 cups Cheddar or Jack cheese, divided (2% is OK to substitute),
1 bag Shredded Hashbrown Potatoes, defrosted in microwave
1 small can French Fried Cheddar Onions, for topping
1 slice of wheat bread, pulsed to breadcrumbs, for topping

Directions
Spray or lightly oil a deep casserole dish. Mix first 6 ingredients together.
Add 1 1/2 C of cheese and bag of hasbrowns. Mix until well combined.(Hands work best)
Combine breadcrumbs, french fried onions and 1/2 C cheese. Pulse together until combined. Set aside.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Spread topping mixture evenly across the top.
Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until well browned.
Can be assembled up to 2 days ahead. Do not bake until ready to use.

This recipe is modified from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment